❝Spreadin' the Llama Love since April 3rd, 2010❞
I had been pondering about doing this type of journal for a bit of time since we changed our comment rules recently, and the complaints about people not returning llamas has continued. Sadly, we can't exactly keep track of over 20,000 members and keep our sanity. We already have llamastats for our actual members, but people do not need to be members to comment on our comments section.
So, here are some tips to help you look for those who obviously do not return their llamas. Keep in mind, these are tips and does not absolutely guarantee llama returns.
Before You Give a Llama:While doing this does take some effort, if you are a real stickler for getting your llamas returned, these tips can help you.
- You can check out their actual given/received badge information. Simply use this URL and replace 'username' with the person's deviantart profile name: http://username.deviantart.com/badges/
This link will take you directly to their badge page and show you # sent, # received. If you spot that they have received more than they have given by a large amount, be cautious if you wish to get a llama back from them.
- Use llamastats for a list of all our members and see which ones return their llamas. There are over 20,000 members and we are sure there are quite a few good candidates to send a llama.
- If available, check the person's recent activity and look at their comments. If you simply see them thanking others for llamas you may want to check their badge stats before giving them on.
So, what about returning llamas to those who sent them to you? I have tips for that as well!
Returning Llama Tips:Happy Llama Giving!
- Invest in the llama button script. This will create a nifty button that you click to start the llama returning process rather than having to use the drop down menu (which can sometimes get stuck in loading).
- Did you lose the notifications of people giving you llamas? Replace 'username' in this link with your own; http://username.deviantart.com/badges/
If you look at your badge activity, you can go back and look at who you sent and you gave you a llama. But, if you feel that may take too much time, and you have given/received less than 10,000 llamas, you can visit parallellogic's llama stats and parallellogic can pull up that information.
*NOTE: parallellogic is not a bot, so please be patient for their reply.